Friday, September 10, 2010

Fathers, be good to your daughters

Why is it important for a girl to have her father in ther life?
    It's important for a father to be in his daughter's life because he is usually the first man she knows.

  A girl naturally views her dad as a leader, a protector, and a provider. Fathers hae tremendous power over their daughters. 

How is a girl affected emotionally when her father isn't in her life?
  The number one influence on a girl's self esteem is affection from her dad.

  Being without a father can cause a girl to become depressed, angry, or to fear failure and rejection.


How is a girl affected physically when her father isn't in her life?
  Girls, especially during their teenage years, need male attention. If a girl doesn't have a father in her life, she will seek that needed attention from male friendships or from sexual relationships.


Does a step father or father figure compare to a father?


Does the interaction of a father in his daughter's life (or the lack there of) impact her relationships with other males?
 A father's relationship with his daughter set her up for how she's going to relate to other men.

 If a girl learns to trust her father, it will be easier for her to trust her future husband and other men that she has any kind of relationship with.

1 comment:

  1. First off I'd like to say that my dad is my hero and I'm very close with him. My parents are divorced but my dad has always made a huge effort to be involved in my life.

    I think it is so important to have a positive father or father-like figure in a female's life. I think there's a sense of security in a father, a sorta he-will-always-protect-me feeling.

    Step fathers can be just like a father to some girls but only when the biological father isn't really in the picture.

    I think a father does set the standard for other males in a female's life. As women, I think we tend to fall for guys who are similar to our father. My father has shown me what real love really is and has set the bar high for any man I will ever be with in my life. My brother's have also learned a lot from my father of how they want to be as dads.

    There are many reason that I've heard for father's not being in their child's life. Divorce, death, living far away, the mother taking the child away, not having enough money, being unstable, family or cultural differences and being too young are all reasons I can think of.

    ReplyDelete